What are zirconia crowns?
Zirconia material belongs to the top when we talk about ceramic crowns fabrication. Zirconia is Zirconium Dioxide, a white, powdered metal oxide. It is also ceramic. It is incredibly strong, resistant to wear, and difficult to crack. A biocompatible material is very similar to the features of a natural tooth for its mechanical characteristics, because of its firmness and solidity.
Owing to its mechanical characteristics, it is suitable for placement in front as well as in back regions. Ceramics is placed onto a white cap, enabling translucency and light refraction of a natural tooth. It ensures a spitting image of a natural tooth and guarantees a bright smile.
PARTICULARLY TRANSLUCENT ZIRCONIA WITH A HIGH FLEXURAL STRENGTH AND NATURAL COLOUR GRADIENT AVAILABLE NOW!
The Prettau® Bridge has been used for patients all over the world for 10 years now. Tens of thousands of structures have been skilfully coloured by hand and refined individually for each patient.
All these experiences have been integrated into the development of the new Prettau® 2 Dispersive® zirconia. The result is particularly translucent zirconia with a high flexural strength that is provided with a natural colour shading already during the manufacturing process. In order to achieve a particularly smooth shade transition after the sintering process, it is important that the colours are not distributed in layers, but finely scattered.
Depending on the aesthetic requirements, the structures can also be further individualised by manually applying Colour Liquids, ceramics or stains. The biocompatible zirconia that can be designed monolithically or reduced, is suitable for both single crowns as well as full arch bridges.
PROPERTIES AT A GLANCE:
- Pre-coloured zirconia with a natural colour gradient, excellent flexural strength and particularly high translucency
- Merging colour gradient that reproduces the natural tooth colours from dentine to enamel, colour scheme from A1-D4
- Manual colouring with Colour Liquids is not required anymore, but it can be used to achieve a more patient-specific result
- No limitations! Especially suitable for full arch restorations but also for single crowns, inlays, onlays, veneers and bridges with up to 14 elements, occlusally screwed or cemented (fully anatomical or reduced for veneering with ICE Zirkon Ceramics)
- No ceramic chipping (thanks to the fully anatomical design)
- No abrasion to the antagonist
- After sintering, the restoration can be personalised with ICE Zirkon Stains Prettau® and ICE Zirkon 3D Stains by Enrico Steger
- CAM-dry processing
- Sintering (1600 °C)
- Glaze with 3D Glaze Base, Glaze Plus, or New: Glaze Fluo for a natural fluorescence
- High gloss polishing
- Insertion: Cementation or screwing
- Before sintering:
- Manual elaboration
- Further individualization with Colour Liquids Prettau® Aquarell Intensiv
- After sintering:
- Staining with ICE Zirkon Stains Prettau® or ICE Zirkon 3D Stains by Enrico Steger
- Ceramic layering
Finding your way with the Cementation Navigation System
The Cementation Navigation System, the popular multimedia application from Ivoclar Vivadent, offers dentists practical orientation and guidance in the selection of the best luting material for each case.